HDL too high?

during my most recent blood test my doctor informed me that my HDl cholesterol was too high, I didn't even know this was possible. what can I do besides statins to get this lower, I am also wasting and my weight is down to 124lbs at 5'9" tall, so I need to eat much more to attempt to regain my weight. sounds like a catch-22 can you offer any reccomendations?

Response from Dr. Moyle

I've never really known the HDL to be too high....it could be above the 'normal range' but one would expect, based on the way normal ranges are established that 2.5% of samples would lie above the normal range. You don't need to reduce it and if anything a statin would only increase it further. It suggests you have 'good genes' and that you should have little cooncern about you choices of fod to regain weight...just eat more of what you enjoy....that's no catch 22 regards Graeme moyle

hospital
New-fill provider