The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jul 7, 2004

Is there a hospital or center where my partner can get help with a number of problems HIV related. Where we live (Florida)we don't have well informed doctors when it comes to HIV. He needs a cardiologist, gastro doctor, urologist, and nuerologist He currently goes to them but they treat him as if he doesn't have HIV. His infectious desease doctor sends him to all these doctors and he isn't getting any better. Is there a one stop HIV center where he can (don't care where it is)get the help he needs by specialists in there field and very knowledgeable about HIV. His T cell count is 196 and his CD4% is 20, he has been HIV positive for nearly 20 Years.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I don't know where in Florida you live so its hard to advise but your local HIV services organisation can advise. There is an association for HIV physicans in Florida so there are plenty of well educated physicians on HIV in Florida regards Graeme Moyle

Healthy Numbers
HDL too high?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint