Jun 24, 2004
Is PN prevelant more in people with HIV. How is it that there isn't much known about this disease. Is there a cure. Where can I obtain more accurate information about this disease.
Response from Dr. Moyle
Prurigo nodularis is an eruption of lichenified or excoriated nodules caused by intractable pruritus that is difficult to treat. It has been associated with a range of physical and physchological problems but not (sa far) HIV
A range of treatments have been used successfully, notably Thalidomide and capsaicin (a chilli extract).
I enclose a link to a support group
Should I Switch?
Lipids out of wacks
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
- Can Thrush Cause You To Clear Your Throat A Lot?
- Can You Get Hiv From Anal Fluids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.