PLEASE HELP ME

Hi there,29 female hiv+for 10 years,started meds about 6 years ago and the lypo showed up imm with the crixivan, then switched to kaletra ,then took ziagen that gave me hard rash i was in life dangoures, now my dr. took ff the zerit and gave me instead viread, i also takes stockrin and videx that's all i can take due to the mutation of the virus ... my cd4is over 800 and vl>25. the thing is i am suffering from hard lipo, very hard ! huge belly and skiny legs, will i ever get to see improvment? will i ever be able to gain weight in the legs and eliminate this horrible belly? i am in dipress and have no passion for life.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I think that you are now on a good combination which should set you up for recovering a better shape. Unfortunately, how long it will take for the changes to you combination to lead to visible improvements is hard to guess but it may be several years. Careful attention to diet and exrecise will also help. It sound like it may be worthwhile investigating two additional things: Firstly, if there are any plastic surgery interventions which you can access to improve yor facial appearance and secondly whether any counselling or psycholocical intervention to support you while waiting for improvements to occur. Please discuss this with you Doctor.

Finally, your doctor should do some routine hormone tests to check that there is nothing else happening to may be affecting your body shape, thinks like diabetes, thyroid probems etc

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Graeme Moyle

Facial Wasting
answer me soon please