swiching Efavirenz to more suitable med.

Dear Dr. Moyle: My meds.had been chaged from AZT-VIRAMUNE.VIDEX to 3TC -ABACAVIR-EFAVIRENZ. My problem is that Efavirenz makes me feel really Space out for about 3 hours. i know that some people take their meds. before going to bed to avoid this problem. but i can not do that becouse my work(some days is the morning and some days a night time.) So my question is, for which med. can i swich Efavirenz keeping the combo ABACAVIR-3TC.?

I trying to avoid any more problems of Lipoatrophy Thank you very much in advance

Daniel

Response from Dr. Moyle

Certainly, as you have had no problems with Viramune in the past I would see no problem with going back to that agent now you are stable on you new nucs. The alternative would be to shift the efavirenz to atazanavir/ritonavir to enable once daily dosing.

Regards

Graeme Moyle

Is pulling AZT out an option?
Videx EC