Oxandrin / Fascial Wasting

My. Dr. would like to start me on Oxandrin to combat a drop in my weight and strength. My concern is that I recently paid alot of $$ for perlane injections in my cheeks. Will the Oxandrin excellerate the loss of the perlane as it does for fat?

Response from Dr. Moyle

Perlane is a dermal filler derived from a natural substance called hyaluronic acid. These products last for between six and nine months, although individuals will have varied results. Therefore it is reasonable to expect loss of effect over time anyway. Oxandrin is an anabolic steroid which is associated with weight gain, predominately as lean/muscle mass. In general, fat mass declines during anabolic use potentially making lipoatrophy look worse. Anabolic steroids alos make the lipid profile worse, can lead to suppression of natural testosterone levels, liver function disturbances, mood changes and physical and psychological addiction. For weight gain I would start by seeing a dietitian and also having a general assesment of you main metabolic hormones such as thyroid and testosterone levels before embarking on the addition of new and not necessarily ideal drugs

I hope this helps

Regards

Graeme Moyle

liposuction
Perpetuation of lipoatrophy