May 20, 2004
Response from Dr. Moyle
Regimens of d4T/ddI are no longer recommended based on data that suggest they may be less effective and more toxic that alternative regimens. Preferred alternative regimens include tenofovir/FTC and abacavir/3TC both of which can be given once daily. Kaletra taken as 3 pills BID is often associated with lipid, especially triglyceride, elevation and some PIs are associated with an increased relative risk of fat loss. The more compact atazanavir/ritonavir combination is just 3 pills once daily and appears more fat friendly or if you would consider an NNRTI agent, efevirenz is the one most recommended in treatment guidelines and well supported by clinical trials data.
how fast does wasting occur & thoughts on regimen
Bio-Alcamid research information
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Is Chlamydia In The Blood?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Can I Drink Alcohol With Combivir And Viramune?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.