Lab results - HIV /weight loss and tired

Hello I have recently tested postive for HIV and I also have hep C my immunine system is 999 and my virul load is in the 35 thousand my last HIV test was June 2003 and it was neg. in 1991 I tested pos. but have had at least 5 more test and they was all neg. I have lost over a 100 lbs. and I have the flu like system alot I am also tired with my labs test like they are could it still be from HIV or is it from something else? Also when do you start getting real sick?What are the lab counts?

Response from Dr. Moyle

With a CD4 of 999 and a fairly low viral load it is unlikely you are having problems secondary to your recently acquired HIV. Generally, people keep fairly good health until the CD4 is around 200 or less. It may be worth discussing with you doctor other causes of weight loss....hormonal changes, poor intake, oral or gastrointestinal problems to try and understand what is going on. Additionally, with your good CD4 count now may be a good time to discuss the potential of treating the Hepatitis C as this may be contributory to your symptoms.

I hope this helps

Regards

Graeme Moyle

Viread/3Tc/Sustiva
Lipo treatments.