lypo friendly first regimen

Dear Doc,

I am about to start my first regimen and was wondering about the possiblities of lypodistrophy with sustiva/viread/emtriva. How likely is it to develop sunken cheeks on it the first year and then as I continue on it for longer periods of time?

Thanks.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Available clinical trials data suggest the this combination or abacavir/3TC/efavirenz represent the two lowest risk regimens for fat loss whilst also doing the job regarding controlloing the virus and being the most compact and convenient regimens. So I think it is a good choice and as low risk as could be.

Kind regards

Graeme Moyle

Fat recory
buffalo hump