|lypo friendly first regimen
May 20, 2004
I am about to start my first regimen and was wondering about the possiblities of lypodistrophy with sustiva/viread/emtriva. How likely is it to develop sunken cheeks on it the first year and then as I continue on it for longer periods of time?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Available clinical trials data suggest the this combination or abacavir/3TC/efavirenz represent the two lowest risk regimens for fat loss whilst also doing the job regarding controlloing the virus and being the most compact and convenient regimens. So I think it is a good choice and as low risk as could be.
- Will Using Condoms Completely Protect Against Genital Herpes?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Chlamydia?
- What Is The Bacteria That Causes Gonorrhea?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Can Treat Recurring Shingles?
- Testing For Gonorrhea In Men After Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.