Lipodystrophy

HI! I am currently in Combivir and Stocrin (Sustiva) and have noticed that even though I exercise and eat as healthy as possible, I still accumulate fat around my belly (specially at both sides), I also have noticed that my legs are now rubbing each other at the crutch level, specially when I am running.... my skin there gets irritated and I am afraid for infections. Are these two things maybe related to this fat distribution caused by medication or should I look for some other cause? Thanks a lot!

Response from Dr. Moyle

I think you should look for another cause. Often folks gain weight on successful therapy and if it is subcutaneous, grab-able fat, like those 'love handles' at the side of you abdomen sound like, then it is healthy fat. The only way to deal with it is diet and exercise.....

Best Wishes

Graeme Moyle

low down of fat recovery
Fat recory