Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

any clinical trials for rimonabant
May 14, 2004

I've read some interesting news about rimonabant and it's positive effect on reducing lipids, triglycerides, etc. Is anyone doing a clinical trial to see if it would help HIV+ patients with lipodystrophy? Thank-you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

I was unable to find information on a trial with rimonabant and cardiovascular disease risk markers or lipodystrophy. There is a trial under recruitment to assess the ability of the drug to reduce voluntary alcohol consumption presumably by blocking cannabinoid receptors. By doing this, the drug is suggested to block cravings, such as hunger, smoking, and alcohol consumption.

Things may change, but at this time I am not sure that this drug has a role to play in lipodystrophy.

Previous
Effective Weight Gain Techniques
Next
40 y/o, HIV+... life expectancy?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.