For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

any clinical trials for rimonabant

I've read some interesting news about rimonabant and it's positive effect on reducing lipids, triglycerides, etc. Is anyone doing a clinical trial to see if it would help HIV+ patients with lipodystrophy? Thank-you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

I was unable to find information on a trial with rimonabant and cardiovascular disease risk markers or lipodystrophy. There is a trial under recruitment to assess the ability of the drug to reduce voluntary alcohol consumption presumably by blocking cannabinoid receptors. By doing this, the drug is suggested to block cravings, such as hunger, smoking, and alcohol consumption.

Things may change, but at this time I am not sure that this drug has a role to play in lipodystrophy.

Effective Weight Gain Techniques
40 y/o, HIV+... life expectancy?