Lypodystrophy while on Viread, Kaletra and Rescriptor

35 yo male, positive for 12 years, current meds are Viread, Kaletra and Rescriptor. I have noticed that my stomach is bloated most of the time and have on-going diarrea. What is the risk of worsening lypodystrophy on this regimen?

Response from Dr. Moyle

The diarrhoea is most likely linked to kaletra so it may be worth loking at past resistance tests to see if you could switch to a PI less likely to cause this such as atazanavir or saquinavir. The rescriptor would boost both these drugs but I would still recommend using 100mg of ritonavir (QD with atazanavir, bd with saquinavir) to guarantee the right drug levels. Some PIs may also contribute to lipodystrophy but the ones I have mentioned may well be lower risk. Until the diarrhoea is sorted and the bloating resolved it is hard to know if your abdomen is enlarged due to gas or if there is some lipodystrophy component regards Graeme Moyle

BIOINBLUE - new filler
questions on clomid