Sculptra and Insurance

Hi, I am considering pursuing treatments with sculptra for lypoatrophy. Since it was just recommended for approval in the U.S., do you suggest waiting or is it safe to trust that doctors are adequately trained in its' use?

Also, is there any news yet as to how Medicare or private insurance will handle payment for this, or is it an out-of pocket expense?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Sorry, but as I am not a US physician. I am not familiar with insurance problems. Training in Sculptura administration is fairly simple and I would not be concerned if your doctor refered you to a colleague he knew or you found a treater via you local service organisation

Regards

Graeme Moyle

viread and lipoatrophy -lipodistrophy
Standard of care for Lypodystrophy/Wasting