Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DECA/Testosterone therapy providers
Apr 26, 2004

I have been poz for 12 years and am currently undetectable on medication regimen (Kaletra, Viread and Rescriptor), I have been experiencing fat redistribution away from extremeties to stomach and back, I have insisted to my doctor for deca/testostenrone treatment, but he is steadfast that the risks far outweigh the benefits. Is there an MD I can consult with in the Southern California area who could be of assistance for just this issue?

Thank you very much!

Response from Dr. Moyle

We are unable to frovide a recommendation service but you could talk to a local HIV service organisation. That being said, your doctor is giving you the right advice and has managed you HIV very well. Why breach that relationship for something that wont help and might harm?

Kind regards

Graeme Moyle

Previous
High insulin and elevated cortisol
Next
cheek "demples"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.