No Improvement Yet

Hello, About 16 months ago, my dr switched me off of a cocktail containing a PI (Viracept) and Zerit to Trizivir + Sustiva. We tried Trizivir alone for a few months, but it didn't keep the VL undetectible. I haven't yet noticed any improvement at all in the lypoatrophy. Is the AZT keeping me from improving or do you think it might just take longer on current regimen? Thanks!!

Response from Dr. Moyle

Quite possibly. The data with the d4T to AZT switch are inconclusive but it is clear that some people taking AZT do develop fat loss. However, it could be simply that it takes longer than 16 months to see the recovered fat...without specialist scans its hard to guess. Clearly, stopping AZT would be a risk to losing control of the virus and that may not be a risk worth taking. Regards Graeme Moyle

Viread+Videx+Srocrin for lipo
What exactly are the symptoms of high insulin, insulin resistance and very high normal glucose levels?