Blood for T cell test taken during glucose tolerance test: could it affect the results of the T cell test?

Dr.Moyle, During a glucose tolerance test (I was actually having it done per your recommendation), they drew blood for a T cell subset. I was to have had a T cell subset done late next week, but I thought that, since they had the needle in my vein anyway, I would ask my HIV doc to approve blood being drawn for the CD4/CD8 counts. But, because the glucose test was ordered by my endocrinologist, my HIV doc was unaware that I was undergoing the glucose tolerance test when the sample was drawn for the T cells test (the bllod for the T cell test was drawn one hour after I drank the bottle of concentrated glucose at the Lab).

Would the very high concentration of glucose and insulin in my blood in any way affect the CD4 and CD8 results/numbers? I read about a Berkley technique that uses "deuterated" glucose to assess T cell turnover, so I was wondering if taking the blood for the T cell subset could at all influence the results? It would seem logical that a supercharged metabolism from the rush of glucose could affect/trigger production or destruction of T cells, at least transiently.

So, is it best to have the blood drawn for a T cell subset when one's blood is not laced with glucose or high insulin....is this like having a vaccination, when one should wait a month before having a VL or CD4/CD8 test?

Many thanks.

Response from Dr. Moyle

it should make no difference. There are many things reported to modestly influence CD4 and VL tests but fed and fasted states are not one that is considered important. Vigourous excercise, smoking, infections and vaccinations are the most well known ones to influence CD4 count by impacting lymphocyte trafficking regards

Graeme Moyle

Fat Graft Donations
Viread+Videx+Srocrin for lipo