Is it lipodystrophy or not

Hi, My stats are: positive for 10 years, never had an OI or Aids diagnosis. On and off meds, currently off for 1 1/2 yrs. CD4 in the 500s and Viral Load around 380. It has never been over 1000. I am also 51, female and post menopausal. I have what appears to look like "swelling" or very soft fat deposits in the area that once was the hollow between my clavical and sternocliedomastoid. My physcian has seen them and doesn't have an answer. Have you ever seen this? Thanks.

Deb

Response from Dr. Moyle

Not really. Localised fat masses have been reported in persons taking therapy but supraclavicular ones are uncommon. The supraclavicular area is not an uncommon area for lipomas to develop so this is most likely the answer. I think if you are considering surgical removal a CT scan to assess the fatty deposits and there relation to surrounding tissues would be strongly recommended

Kind Regards Graeme Moyle

Viread, Epivir and Kaletra?
Fat Graft Donations