Looking Tired All the Time

I have been positive for about 9 months, I have sought treatment and using Trizivir and Sustiva my viral load is undetectable and my cd4 are close to 1000. However, now no matter how much sleep I get; I always look tired. Bags under my eyes. Louis Viutton is going to start charging me! I don't feel tired at all, infact with excercise I feel better now than I probably have my entire life. My concern here is that I'm wondering if these are the initial signs of facial wasting or lipoatrophy. I'm 24 years old and sometimes I feel like I look 30. And the constant bags under the eyes don't make for a healthy appearance in general. If someone out there has noticed anything like this, please get back to me. AllenAz21@aol.com I can't imagine I'm the only one out there dealing with this.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I doubt this is this related to your status or meds....I am curious that you were given 4 drugs when only 3 are needed. There are a few things to consider and easily rule out...thyroid hormones, allergy, localised myositis, lupus, ... A short course of corticosteroids may help but my feling is to keep doing what your doing, consider dropping the AZT from your regimen and it will most likely settle

Kind Regards

Graeme Moyle

Surgery for Facial Wasting
Viread, Epivir and Kaletra?