Surgery for Facial Wasting

I'm in Atlanta. I have facial wasting due to HIV that is causing me tremendous stress. Several plastic surgeons have suggested injectibles, but it seems they all dissolve. One doctor suggested surgery, actually cutting out the nasal labial fold -- like taking darts in my face. What is your opinion of this?

Response from Dr. Moyle

Sounds terrible. Stick with the idea of fillers. Some are not biodegradeable such as bioalcamid. It can be obtained privately in Mexico (contact ellen@clinicestetica.com ). NewFill/Sculptura is now approved in the US so may be suitable for you and it likely to become widely available as health care workers become trained in its use

regards

Graeme Moyle

Bio-alcamid
Looking Tired All the Time