Zerit + Kaletra vs. Emtriva + Kaletra

After one year of treatment with Zerit + Kaletra + Covaricil I started showing lipoatrophy on my face. I asked the doc to change my regimen, but he only replaced Zerit with Emtriva.

Is that good enough to limit the development of lipoatrophy or should I also replace Kaletra? What would you suggest replacing Kaletra with?

My VL is undetectable and CD4 of about 600.

Thanks,

GB

Response from Dr. Moyle

Coviracil and Emtriva are the same thing. So I am a littel confused. Are you just taking emtriva+ kaletra? Generally we need 3 drugs to treat HIV so just dropping d4T is a bit risky. Generally it would be replaced with either abacavir or tenofovir Replacement of the Kaletra with atazanavir/ritonavir may also be a good option in the long term regards Graeme Moyle

Lipodistrophy after one year?
Bio-alcamid