|Alternate causes of lypodystrophy?
Apr 15, 2004
My cheeks seem to have sunken to a degree I find noticeable and alarming (though my wife does not). I came upon your sight and was startled to see the association between sunken cheeks and HIV/AIDS. I was wondering if there were other causes for sunken cheeks not related to HIV/AIDS. As far as I know, I don't have HIV/AIDS. I'm a 15 year smoker, and I lost about 130 lbs two years ago...could those factors be responsible? Thank You, Jim
Response from Dr. Moyle
Sorry but this site is for people with HIV.
Dramatic weight loss can easily lead to changes in facial appearance
PLEASE ANSWER ME !!!
Weight Gain and Kaletra
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.