Eliminating lipodistrophy thur surgery?

For 7 years, I was on Crixivan and developed noticable lipodistrophy in my upper abdomen. I'been off Crixivan for two years now and noticed some improvement with the lipodistrophy. However, now I am on a Viread/Videx EC/Kaletra combination, and notice it getting worse again. What can I do? Is liposuction a viable option?

Jim

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

The lipodystrophy you are talking about is likely the type of fat that you cannot pinch up from the belly and is located between muscle and organ tissues where liposuction generally does not go. So the short answer is no.

What you can do is look into the types of things that may reduce your risk. Go over your risk factors with your doctor and dietitian and see which ones you can change (diet, exercise, smoking cessation and such) and which ones may require medication to better control.

Best wishes!

LYPOSUCTION
Cholesterol/ Tryglicerides concern