LYPOSUCTION

How do I know if I'm a good candidate for Liposuction? And can you help with fat hanging from my lower stomach?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Liposuction is a surgical procedure and carries with it the risks of surgery, such as infection and other risks. Fat can be removed by this method if it is "subcutaneous" or just under the skin. The fat that can be removed, then, is the fat you can pinch up from your belly. If you can't pinch it, then it is probably not subcutaneous and the fat may be deposited in and amongst your muscle and organ tissues... not the liposuctionable kind.

As for pinchable fat hanging from your belly, you will first want to talk with your doctor and dietitian to make sure it is the typical "stored calorie" kind and then you can work on it from that angle: calorie and physical activity balance. It would be good to give that a try before risking surgery.

Best wishes!

Question on Lipoatrophy
Eliminating lipodistrophy thur surgery?