Nucleomaxx & lipoatrophy

Hello Doctor, Is there any evidence that Mitocnol(Nucleomaxx)is helpful in reversing lipoatrohy? Are there currently any studies looking into this or planned for uridine? I am interested in trying the supplement, but it is quite pricey when you consider that it's effects are only known in vitro.Many thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dr Ulrich Walker from Frieberg in Germany has demonstrated that uridine rescues cellls from mitochondrial toxicity of NRTIs. I believe he has a 'use patent' for this and is planning some pilot trials and potentially larger trials. The areas of interest include preventing lactic acidosis, treating neuropathy and treating/preventing lipodystrophy. The right doses have not been established and there is not evidence that it will work in humans. My thought is that is is best to wait until the risk/benefit of the supplement is established through well conducted trials regards

graeme moyle

re. Lipoatrophy PLEASE HELP
Availability of Bio-Alcamid in US or Canada