re. Lipoatrophy PLEASE HELP

Dear Graeme, thank you for your response to my email (answer posted 26 Feb), I am glad that you told me to continue taking my meds. I was wondering though, could 3TC be causing continued lipoatrophy? I am on nevirapine, tenofovir and 3TC. If so is there anything else that could be better? The reports that I read are so conflicting on this subject and I would really appreciate your advice. You suggested in your previous answer that I may have lost weight which made the lipo look worse. I did lose about 1-2 pounds. I have regained that now and some areas do look better but I have still had some loss. Thank you so much for responding.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I think you are on as good a combination as you can get to allow fat to recover. 3TC has not been associated with fat loss in general and has been present in studies where fat recovery has been seen. Patience is unfortunately the main component of recovery....maintaining/gaining a little weight will help things loow better

regards Graeme Moyle

Hypogonadism Treatment
Nucleomaxx & lipoatrophy