new meds-lipo

I am HIV+ since 1993. I am a 38 year old male. In January, my CD4 was 102, VL 125.961, Colesterol 169, and Triglicerides 549. At that time I was taking Sustiva and Trizivir. My doctor changed my meds in January for Fuzeon (T-20), Norvir, Lexiva, Viread, Trizivir, and Tricor. In February my test results were CD4 190, VL not yet received, Colesterol 157 and Triglicerides 558. I really never had any side effects from my meds, besides facial lipo. My concern with my new meds is if they are safe for facial lipo and high triglicerides. Do you think that I am taking the right meds in regards to my numbers? I am resistant to most of the meds in the market. Thanks for your response. Regards.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Certainly the number one priority is to get the right combination to control the virus. However, this combo also looks like a reasonable choice for limiting the risk of progression of the facial wasting. My only concern would be the AZT in the Trizivir. good luck regards Graeme Moyle

change of meds
Weight Loss