change of meds

Thanks Dr. Moyle for answering my previous question. As I said before, I was diagnosed HIV+ in 1993 and have tried many of the meds in the market. I am taking Sustiva and Trizivir for some time now, however my T-cells are decreasing (112), and viral load increasing (80,632). My triglicerides is also high now (1176), so I started taking Tricor. My doctor and I are exploring new meds in order to put my number under control. I really never experienced opportunistic infectious or side effects besides facial lipodystrophy. I am also resistant to most of the meds, for example: Epivir, Retrovir, Efavirenz, Nevirapine, Ritonavir, Lopinavir... My doctor plans to put me on T-20 (injection), Lexiva, Norvir, Veriad, Ziagen and Epivir. I am just worried if these medications will increase my facial lipo and my triglicerides. My doctor also explored with me the option of a clinical trial with Titranevir in addition to T-20 and some of the other meds I mentioned above. What do you think would be my best options taking in consideration the information I provided you. I really appreciate your time and attention to this question. Thanks!

Response from Dr. Moyle

Certainly the number one priority is to get the right combination to control the virus. However, this combo also looks like a reasonable choice for limiting the risk of progression of the facial wasting. good luck regards Graeme Moyle

very distressed at lipoatrophy,PLEASE HELP!
new meds-lipo