facial wasting

Thanks Dr Moyle for your advice in regards to changing meds to a combo with less history of facial wasting. I was under the imprssion that once the fa is gone it will never return even if I switch cocktail combos. I asked Dr Wolfe from Pac Oats Med ctr in CA and he said it is multi-factorial and that facial wasting could not be attributed to one med or one condition. I will discuss options with my doctor with ur suggs in mind thanks for responding to my email greg gilbert

Response from Dr. Moyle

Whilst I agree that there are multiple contributory factors it is also clear from large well run studies that some drugs (e.g. d4T, PIs) are riskier than other drugs (abacavir, tenofovir, efavirenz). The drug choice is therefore a modifiable risk factor and modification, in 3 randomised controlled studies has been associated with gradual limb fat mass recovery

regards

Graeme

Videx question
best combo