HIV & starch/fat blockers for weight gain

I seem to be one of the small percentage who is HIV+ and whose lipodystrophy has resulted in excessive weight gain. Is there anything in starch and/or fat blockers that would cause a problem with absorption of Kaletra, Ziagen, Viread or other HIV meds? No one seems to know, nor are they able to explain the absorption process to me well.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I certainly think you could benefit from some professional diet and exercise advice. One should always be cautios about taking other medications with your HIV meds because of risk of interaction.

For further advice on diet see http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/418110

It may also be worth discussing with your doctor if a switch from Kaletra to boosted reyataz (atazanavir) might be convenient and beneficial

regards

greame moyle

Already a toothpick
Question regarding my current meds & lipodystrophy?