Already a toothpick

Ok, Ive been + for just over a year now. I'm worried, I'm already 5-8 and 113 Lbs, been this way my entire life. I'm paranoid about starting any kind of treatment. When i was first diagnosed my Dr put me on several drugs (avoid crixivan like the plage if you want to pee ever again) I quit taking all the drugs after the crixivan-childbirth like experence. I'm aftaid of any kind of scale, avoid going to the DR because I'm afraid he'll put me back on that poison again. Is there something I can do to gain weight? I eat like a pig, outeating even my fat friends. I'm just afraid with my current tooothpic size I'll get the tell tail sucked in facial features and people will know just by looking at me.

Response from Dr. Moyle

If you eat plenty of food/calories and you have always been lean, that is probably the way you are. I would suspect one or both you parents are also slim. This doesn't make you particularly more prone to medication side effects. I think a dietary assessment by a dietitian would be a good place to start. You may also benefit from talking through you anxieties about treatment with a health care provider or counsellor so you can gain confidence about your treatment options. Sometimes with HIV therapy you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince! As we are getting to understand of the drugs and patient characteristics that are riskiest for fat loss we are learning to avoid thise situations and so seeing new cases of lipodystrophy less often. By the time you start again with treatment hopefully things will have move on even more

regards Graeme Moyle

Milk does the body good?
HIV & starch/fat blockers for weight gain