Anthropometry in HIV wasting

Could you please let me know the anthropometric procedures to be carried out and the related parameters in individuals with HIV wasting syndrome?

Response from Dr. Moyle

They have been successfully used on one CPCRA study which included assessment of waist-hip, waist circumference, mid thigh, mid bicep and sub scapular fat. However, there is considerable observer variation and so my not be ideal for routine use. DEXA and CT are the most reproducible

see Schwenk A. Methods of assessing body shape and composition in HIV-associated lipodystrophy.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2002 Feb; 15(1): 9-16.

If you have an academic interest...it can be linked to via http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed

regards,

Graeme Moyle

Wasting in Face and Buttox
lipodystrophy+glucophage