Jan 29, 2004
I would like to know if the atazanavir is able to provoke lipodistrophy?
thanks. Tulio from Rio de Janeiro.
Response from Dr. Moyle
A study over 1 year did not find any fat loss or metabolic disturbances. Many physicians now think the choice of nucleoside analog (NRTI) is more important than the choice of PI for the risk of body shape changes. However, in terms of metabolic changes, rises in blood fats and sugars, atazanavir looks like being the best of the PIs. regards Graeme Moyle
does smoking marijuana ?
Follow up to your advice to have a glucose tolearnce or insulin resistance test
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Do I Do If My Girlfriend Has Hpv?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.