NNRTI and NRTI with lipodystrophy

I would like to know that AZT 3TC or NNRTI or NRTI or EFAVIRNZE can cause the lipodytrophy? I know that AZT will cause atrophy of the muscle or myopathy I would like to know about the severity and how to prevention?

Response from Dr. Moyle

AZT based regimens have been associated with fat loss but appear less risk that d4T based ones. Efavirenz in general is not associated with fat loss. Avoidance of lipoatrophy is a matter of good planning (say,switching away from AZT to abacavir before it happens or at the first sign) and some good luck (there are some genetic associations) I hope this helps regards graeme moyle

sunken cheeks too!
Abdominal Fat