The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jan 21, 2004

Where can I get testosterone gel. I really hate to get injections . I have wasteing in my face legs and arms. My cd4 count are 1200. I am very active person and I need some help. Thanks Danny

Ps This is my first time here and I am thankful I have found you.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear danny, you doctor can prescribe androgel if you testosterone is reliably low. It gives a more natural replacement profile than injections and is convenient to use. If you have wasting you can talk to you doctor about changing therapy or, with such hi CD4s, considering a treatment holiday. Let your doc guide you in this regard

Best Wishes Graeme Moyle

serostim needed but problem
sunken cheeks too!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint