New-Fill versus Bio-Alkamid

Hi There!

I suffer from mild lypodystrophy (i think its spelt like that?)in my face around my cheeks, and am currently considering my options for treatment which are New-Fill and Bio-alkamid (changing medication is not an option for me). I have read numerous articles about New-fill but have seen very little if anything about Bio-alkamid which I'm told is a permanent treatment as opposed to New-fill having to be replced every two years or so. It is also a bit cheaper and both of these factors are swaying me towards this product as the treatment of choice, except I cant find any infomation on it to make an informed decision. Can you advise me? Are you familiar with this product? and its use by people with hiv? the consult at the this csometic clinic says he has used it before on hiv patients with great results but he could just be trying to up his sales. I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Kind Regards John

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear John, I am trying to organise a comparative trial of these agents....both give good cosmetic results in HIV associated lipoatrophy. Bioalcimid is just one injection but is a little more uncomfortable to receive, it gives permanent fillin whereas newfill is easier to give, requires 3-4 sessions and is likely to wear off over time. Some details of bioaclimid can be found on www.bioalcimid.com For most folks both are good options although for you where there is no chance to change therapy a permanent solution may be ideal. Regards Graeme Moyle

'' New Fill '' Statement.
Facial Wasting Solutions with Bio-Alcamid