Trizivir, Viread & lipodystrophy

Poz 14+ yrs. Started on combivir 7 yrs ago and graduated to trizivir. 2 out of 3 of my last blood lab tests showed a 'blip' in viral load from undetectable to detectable (however minimal at 100, t's are at 1200 and have never been below 750). So now I've added Viread. I'm really concerned (obsessed) about lipodystrophy. With this drug combo, what are the 'odds' of lipodystrophy? I directly asked my Doc about side effects, and he didn't mention lipodystrophy at all. I have a great raport with my Doc, and he has always been very straightforward with me. Could the risks be so remote, that he didn't think it was worth mentioning? I know you can't read his mind, but what are your thoughts about risk of lipodystrophy?

Response from Dr. Moyle

There have not been and prospective studies of the risk of lipo with Trizivir but we do know it can occur in people who have only ever received AZT based regimens. If your CD4 has never been below 750 arguable you could stop treatment...that would further reduce you risk....and you may not need restart for years, when a better understanding of lipo is established. Regards Graeme Moyle

Testosterone Shots Cause Wasting?
lipo hell