New Sustiva Guy

Just switched to Sustiva. Yep vivid colors, dreams. Currently on 3rd day. If the above mentioned side effects continue, I can certainly cope. Last nights rest was very pleasant. I was surprised cause here lately I've got a lot on my mind. My question is about rash side effects fo Sustiva. I go see the Doc in a couple days for rash review. Currently I don't see anything, BUT I noticed that my face is more red than usual and my skin seems dry. I've already got a touch of the hyper-Pigmentation Afircan American style (zerit Keletra videx- former med results I think.) Went to the doctor he looked at me and prescribed a 94.00 bottle of cream that doesn't work. What would you advice for hyper pigmentation- African American Style? Store product or something not so expensive. Thanks

Response from Dr. Moyle

The pigmentation may fade over time on the new combination. Some of my patients say sun exposure to tan the surrounding skin helps although others think this makes things worse. I've not found any creams that help although vitamin A based creams (trentoin) are recommended by some skin specialists.Hydroquinone is a powerful skin bleaching agent. It works by stopping the pigment-producing cells in the skin from working. It is available in some stores as a 1-2% cream (usually with other stuff) and in higher % via prescription. It should never be used for long periods...only a couple of weeks is best...and you must avoid the sun when using it.

I hope these suggestions help. Sometimes doing nothing is the best option Regrads graeme moyle

HBV and lipoatrophy
Lowest risk