quick question

I was diagnosed HIV-positive last year. At that time, my viral load was 79,000 and cd4.s at 45. I am taking Combivir and Sustiva. My viral load is undetectable and mycd4s are 350. I have been on the meds for a year and noticed some facial wasting and skinny wrists and legs.

My question is. Is it early enough to change meds to reverse the facial wasting? Also, how long can you be on the meds to notice facial wasting? Thank you for your help

Response from Dr. Moyle

Some people do notice fat loss in the first year of therapy and certainly we can find fat loss on scanners over this timeline. If you are getting changes already that a real it is worth considering exchanging the AZT in combivir for abacavir. This will allow fat to receover and also allow your combination ot become once daily. If you are allergic to abacavir tenofovir would also be a reasonable option regards Graeme Moyle

NanoTechnology
Frustrated With Lipo In Los Angeles