sunken checks

I have got Sunken Cheeks (hollow in cheeks) My face looks very bad. I am 23. Please help me because I am very sad. I desperately want to improve my sunken cheeks. I didn't used any HIV medications.Please tell me what do I eat more or if there any medicen can help me please write name of that to make my cheeks fat. I am waiting for your reply. Sultan.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Sultan, If you have lost weight all over (although it may be most noticable in your face) without ever havng HIV meds then it sounds like you are wasting or experiencing involuntary weight loss. This may be a sign that you need to start HIV meds but could be related to an infection or an insufficiency of calories in your diet. I would suggest that you have an evaluation from a dietitian and talk to you HIV doctor about you weight loss and you current disease markers (CD4, Viral load). He may also wish to check some hormones like thyroid, testosterone, etc If you have simply lost weight some dietary advice and increasing your calorie intake is all that is needed. Kind regards Graeme Moyle

sir a question on wasting from india,please answer!
Moon-face Lipodystrophy