Jan 1, 2004
hi doc,is there any thing you can tell me about niropithy and acupuncture..if it helps..ty
Response from Dr. Moyle
Neuropathy, pains in the feet may be caused by HIV, diabetes, alcohol, vitamin deficiencies and drugs. The first step in managing is finding the cause and removing it/treating it. There are some anacdotes of acupuncture helping HIV neuropathy. However, a randomised trial done by the CPCRA (part of the NIH, US government) found neither acupuncture nor the antidepressant amitriptyline was more effective than placebo in relieving pain caused by HIV-related peripheral neuropathy (reference JAMA. 1998;280:1590-5). I guess this means worth a try but don't expect much.
Regards Graeme Moyle
rhGH approved for what exactly?
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.