acupuncture

hi doc,is there any thing you can tell me about niropithy and acupuncture..if it helps..ty

Response from Dr. Moyle

Neuropathy, pains in the feet may be caused by HIV, diabetes, alcohol, vitamin deficiencies and drugs. The first step in managing is finding the cause and removing it/treating it. There are some anacdotes of acupuncture helping HIV neuropathy. However, a randomised trial done by the CPCRA (part of the NIH, US government) found neither acupuncture nor the antidepressant amitriptyline was more effective than placebo in relieving pain caused by HIV-related peripheral neuropathy (reference JAMA. 1998;280:1590-5). I guess this means worth a try but don't expect much.

Regards Graeme Moyle

lypodystrophy
rhGH approved for what exactly?