I stop medication westing continues

Hi I was on medication for aprox. 5 years after I had a lipoatrophy and lipodysrophy I dont even know myself anymore but now Im not taking anything since 18 moths but the problem continues is there any possibility that by time i will inprove??and what do u think in my case? thx

Response from Dr. Moyle

Unfortunately, if fat is recovering it takes a very long time for it to be obvious. Most likely, if you are off therapy and maintaining or increasing your weight you will be gaining some fat. Five years of lipoatrophy may take five years of recovery. If your results are OK I would stick with the drug holiday but also investigate surgical ways in which your facial wasting could be improved Regards Graeme Moyle

subtle changes
Please help!!!