Smoking cessation and the possibility of regaining some butt fat

I just read in your forum that smoking cessation may help with lipo, and I had never heard that before.

While I am so grateful for all the wonderful drugs and the fact that I am alive and most of me looks great, my butt looks 70 and I'm only 38. I am literally disgusted by the sight of it, not to mention how uncomfortable it is to sit on hard surfaces.

It's such a hangup for me that I don't want anyone to see me naked -- and no one has for a long time now. I've even stopped dating to avoid that possible scenario.

I have smoked for a long time and have often tried quitting, but the thought of possibly regaining some fat back there -- I know it would give me the motivation to successfully stop.

Have some patients experienced help in that "area" when quitting smoking?

Response from Dr. Moyle

Stopping smoking is really about reducing risk of heart disease (which looks to be more common in persons with HIV) and cancers (also more common). So butting out you cigarette wont necessarily help your butt. That being said, people often gain a bit of weight after stopping smoking and can exercise better as the cardio-respiratory function improves so these two things may help regain some butt shape. Talk to your doctor about getting assistance to stp smoking, it will be well worthwhile Regards Graeme Moyle

A Woman's touch, need advice please.
Weight Loss vs taking Medications