is it Lipodystrophy?

i am 22 years old (dont have aids) and for the last year, my legs and arms are getting so skinny. by this next time next year they will be nothing but bone. I went to see my doctor about six months ago at a VA hospital and she said it was nothing. since then my arms and legs look like toothpicks. do you think its possible that it might be possible that i have lipodystophy and if so, what meds are helpful to this problem. i am going to see my doctor next month and i need some information to talk to her about. thanx!

Response from Dr. Moyle

I'm not sure if not having 'AIDS' means not being HIV positve but I will assume that your are HIV+. Next it would be good to know if you are on HIV meds as essentially all cases of lipodystrophy are associated with medication use. Asides from medication modification there are no current treatments for lipodystrophy involving fat loss in the arms and legs. It may be worth condidering other diagnoses and whether your body is changing due to changes in you eating or exercise patterns. Certinly some exercises to 'bulk up' your arms and legs may help although you doctor may also wish to do some tests to make sure you don't have inflammed muscles or low hormone levels (such as testosterone) I hope this helps Regards Graeme Moyle

VERY Strange developments...Please help
A Woman's touch, need advice please.