VERY Strange developments...Please help

Over the last year I've noticed a significant loss of muscle, yet I continue to maintain the same weight. Is this a common occurance. Weight lifting doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure if this is wasting, but my arms,legs and face seem thinner. My buttucks and check seem fat? Are there any tests I should ask the doc to conduct? Thank you in advance

Response from Dr. Moyle

This really does sound like you might be wasting...losing mucsle/lean body mass preferentially to fat. Your doctor or dietitian could do a BIA test to assess you proportions of fat and lean mass. Your doctor should also assess muscle enzymes and look at hormones like testosterone. Certainly you should continue with the gym work. Additionally, it is perhaps obvious to say that you should make sure that your HIV drugs are working properly and if you aren't on therapy discuss with your Doc if this is an indication to do so

Graeme Moyle

know nothing about anabolics
is it Lipodystrophy?