|T-cell Cont lower, undectable viral load
Dec 18, 2003
My T-cell count has dropped to 264, previous readings were in the 5oo range. My current viral load is undectable. I am currently taking Viracept and Combiver. I am concerned about this drop and don't understand why it is dropping if there is no virus detectable.
Response from Dr. Moyle
I wouldn't worry at all. Sometimes its a laboratory or sampling issue sometimes it happens because of a recent infection. It will recover as long as your VL stays undetectable, so just stick with the tabs regards graeme moyle
first time starting meds
- How Does Hiv Affect Someone With Diabetes?
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- How Accurate Is An Hiv Test After 4 Weeks?
- Cases Of Wife Contracting Hiv After Husband Had Visited A Prostitute
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Symptoms
- People Who Spread Hiv With Infected Needles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.