Cosmetic Surgery

I recently went to a plastic surgeon to discuss options for procedures to correct issues with my body resulting from the effects of lipodystropy. Amazingly enough, the insurance company approved all requested procedures. Now, I am a little scared. I am curious as to what I should be concerned about, due to my having HIV, and precautions I should take should I choose to have the sugeries. FYI, my viral load is non-detectable, and my t-cells are in the 400's. I have never had any problems due to HIV. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Given your great results there should be few concerns for surgery. Obviously you should let the surgeon and anethetist know and take you tabs early so as to not miss a dose Regards Graeme moyle

lyposostrophy
Wasting and lipotrophy timeframe