COMBO SUGGESTION PLS

I am currently taking Trizivir. I have been poz since 94 and have had very good results with treatments except for lypo...I read that AZT is one culprit causing the lypo so could you recommend a combo treatment of drugs that least likely cause lypo probs? I am not resistant to any meds(knock on wood)..and wonder if switching will be okay. Thnx

Response from Dr. Moyle

The regimens that currently look lowest risk are those based on abacavir or tenofovir plus 3TC (and probably FTC) and an NNRTI (efavirenz or nevirapine). As you are already on abacavir plus 3TC you could substitute that AZT to efavirenz. Remembering that you will most likely get some starting side effects with this drug. Regards Graeme Moyle

Wasting Reversal?
bookwriter