|COMBO SUGGESTION PLS
Dec 18, 2003
I am currently taking Trizivir. I have been poz since 94 and have had very good results with treatments except for lypo...I read that AZT is one culprit causing the lypo so could you recommend a combo treatment of drugs that least likely cause lypo probs? I am not resistant to any meds(knock on wood)..and wonder if switching will be okay. Thnx
Response from Dr. Moyle
The regimens that currently look lowest risk are those based on abacavir or tenofovir plus 3TC (and probably FTC) and an NNRTI (efavirenz or nevirapine). As you are already on abacavir plus 3TC you could substitute that AZT to efavirenz. Remembering that you will most likely get some starting side effects with this drug. Regards Graeme Moyle
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.